Holly graduated from high school on June 20th. Our 4th one to make it through the public school system. It was a first too in that it rained and so the ceremony had to be held inside the gymnasium. That meant fewer people could go and actually witness the blessed event. Roxanne, Brendan, and Cassie had to watch via TV broadcast in the auditorium. That is what happens when your school has graduation at the football stadium (when the weather cooperates). All things considering it was a wonderful event, Holly was sooooo happy. She was one of about 25 students to achieve a 4.0 GPA out of a class of 486. We are very proud of her hard work.
As usual we were involved in the After-grad celebration. Brent helped out as a security and I did the welcome committee up at the park. This is an all night celebration that the LVHS PTO puts on for the graduating seniors. They ride race cars, play minature golf, laser tag, climb a rock wall, sumo wrestle, eat all they want, ride a roller coaster, get wet on water bumper boats......It was fun and so gratiying to see the kids having such fun in a safe way and safe place. I have to admit though, it was harder to recover from staying up all night, maybe because I turned the big 50 this year. What can I say except it seems that things get harder as you get older. But I wouldn't have missed seeing Holly having fun with her friends and celebrating her big accomplishment of graduating from High School.
Four down and one to go.....but then whose counting!?!?!?!



No comments:
Post a Comment