Monday, June 8, 2009

Life Just Keeps Rolling On...

I have been informed by my daughter (Cassie) that I need to be better about uadating our blog becasue she worked so hard to get it up and running!! I guess she doesn't feel appreciated for all that she does for us....well Cassie welcome to the world of being a MOTHER!!! No seriously, Cassie is right. I enjoy reading about others and the the things that are going on in their lives. I guess I just don't think that we have anything to interesting to say.

It has been a busy spring between school, rugby (Holly), basketball (Brendan), church calling (Brent), PTO (Rhonda), spring vacation to Myrtle Beach, a birthday (that right I a turned the BIG 50 and Brent took me to New York City to celebrat leaving the kids at home:)....the time has just flown by. Now it is June and Holly will be graduating on June 20th. I can't believe it. You would think that after going through 3 graduations you would find it easier but it isn't. It is harder. Maybe because it is a reminder that I am getting older. I have to admit that I sometimes wish that the kids were younger and home once more. I enjoy the noise and activity that they brought with them. Someone told me once that you shouldn't wish the days away because your little ones grow up fast and then they are gone.....they were right.

Jake is busy working (or I should say fishing) in Idaho and seems to have taken to the West, we may never see him back East. Maybe that is because he was born out West and feels like he is home.

Cassie is teaching in Utah and can tell you stories that can make you laugh and then cry. She is trying to get back home, but so far her teaching position is keeping her in Utah.

Roxanne is a Junior in college and making plans to do study abroad program to Paris next year. If she does I am going to "pick her up" recession or no recession!!

Holly starts college in the Fall and will be going out West to BYU. She is excited because she found out that they have a girls rugby team. Who would have thought that my sweet, timid Holly would be a crazed "go tackle" rugby player!! She loves it!

Brendan will be 16 in the summer and has his summer all planned out between basketball and scout camps, as well as youth conference and Especially For Youth program....it makes me tired just thinking about it. He asked if he could get a dog. I am wondering if he is feeling like me, a little uncertain what it is going to be like being the only one home. I am now going to be the "minority" member in our family and I want my own bathroom!!!

Life just keeps rolling on and you have to keep moving and try and enjoy the ride!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment